The Friends of the Stone Church is a community group organized in 2015, and open to all people. In partnership with the Hardwick Historical Society, and in collaboration with the congregation of the Trinitarian Congregational Church, the Friends’ mission is:
- To preserve and protect the historic 1872 Stone Church, built to be the home of the Trinitarian Congregational Church in Gilbertville; and
- To facilitate the building’s use by, and service to, the community.
Consistent with preserving its role as a gathering place for worship and the passages of life, our vision is to revitalize this beautiful space as a new kind of community place—a place for enjoying art and music, a place for teens to meet and do homework, a place for seniors to gather and visit, a place for toddlers to play while their parents or grandparents visit, a place for people to gather after work and meet their neighbors, a place to get information about events, happenings, and businesses in the community.
Our leadership is drawn from within and beyond the town of Hardwick, and we’re eager to hear from others who would like to join us.
Judy Edington (Gilbertville) President
Betty Goodfield (Gilbertville) Treasurer
Mary Warbasse (Oakham) Clerk
Kaye Boothman, Judy Edington, Mary Goodfield, Judy Kohn, Aline LeMaitre, Paula Roberts, Joyce Smith, Mary Warbasse, Michelle Webb, Cheryl Wolfe Directors