Friends of the Stone Church and the Hardwick Historical Society proudly announce “New Views of Gilbertville,” a juried photography contest and exhibit with cash prizes. The collaborating presenters invite photographers to shed new light on Gilbertville village by taking original photos of its historic architecture. The contest is open from November 1, 2018 to March 27, 2019. After jurying for prizes ranging from $25 to $250 in Youth and Adult categories, works submitted will be exhibited in two venues, at the Town House in Hardwick and at the Stone Church in Gilbertville, on weekends between April 13 and June 3, 2019.
- Entries must be the photographer’s own, original work, taken within the last five years.
- Eligible submissions may be in black & white or in color, including photo collage or mixed media incorporating photos.
- At least one of the buildings or resources in the Gilbertville National Register Historic District, interior or exterior view, must feature in work submitted. The historic resource can be, but does not have to be, the main subject of the photograph.
- Submissions must specify which historic property in is the photo, selecting from the list provided with contest materials.
- Contest proceeds benefit Friends of the Stone Church, whose mission is to stabilize and preserve the Stone Church, Gilbertville and welcome its use by the community.
- Board members of sponsoring organizations and their immediate families are welcome to submit photos for exhibit, but are not eligible for cash awards.
Maps of the historic district and a description of example buildings may be found at this link.
The complete record of the Gilbertville Historic District, indicating all eligible historic structures for the competition, may be found at this link; when you have opened the page, click on the “INV” button to download a pdf of the entire historic district record (about 80 pages).
To enter: Please use the form at this link.
Deadline for submissions: March 27, 2019